The Ten Tenors are undoubtedly one of Australia’s greatest entertainment success stories, with more than 90 million people worldwide witnessing their unmistakable charm, camaraderie and vocal power.
Following 17 years of sell-out performances across the globe, including more than 2000 of their own headline concerts, The Ten Tenors have cemented their place as Australia’s premier classical-crossover group.
The Ten Tenors ‘Our Christmas Wish’ is available for sale at Woolworths stores in Queensland and Northern New South Wales. If you would like to buy a CD version of the album and live outside of Queensland and Northern New South Wales you can contact us.
‘Our Christmas Wish’ features 14 of The Ten Tenors’ favourite songs including, ‘All I want for Christmas’, ‘The Little Drummer Boy’ and more.
All proceeds will be donated to the Children’s Hospital Foundation.
The Children’s Hospital Foundation works wonders for sick kids by funding life-saving medical research, investing in vital new equipment, and providing some amazing entertainment, family support and care programs for sick kids. Our Christmas Wish is for every sick child to have the best possible health care, with access to world-class research and clinical treatment in a healing environment.
This Christmas, you can help sick kids get through their treatment and support the Children’s Hospital Foundation by purchasing Supporter Beads for just $5 from your local ALH Group venue.
Bridget had already survived an aggressive cancer once, but at six years of age she was back in hospital fighting leukaemia a second time, facing many months of chemotherapy and more invasive treatments.
In hospital, children like Bridget are awarded special Bravery Beads that recognise their courage and strength as they fight for their lives.
For Bridget, her string of Bravery Beads is over 12 metres long, providing her with a tangible way to share her story.
For a limited time you can purchase special Supporter Beads to tell your own story to friends and family, about how you are helping Queensland’s sickest kids. Through purchasing these special beads, you will help to fund life-saving medical research, invest in vital new equipment, and provide entertainment, family support and care programs for sick kids.
Supporter Beads are available for purchase for $5 at your local ALH Group venue. All proceeds will go towards the ALH Group 2016 Kids Christmas Appeal. Purchase your special Supporter Beads before Sunday 29 January to help sick kids laugh and smile, get better and go home sooner.
Our sick kids at the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital had a very special visit from Thor movie stars Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston. 📷 🎥
Through the generosity of our supporters, the Children’s Hospital Foundation funds research that has a strong focus on translational outcomes, improves children’s health and leads to faster diagnoses, better treatments and ultimately cures for some of the most devastating childhood illnesses and injuries. With a focus on funding Queensland-based research, the Children’s Hospital Foundation funds research that supports Children’s Health Queensland Hospitals and Health Services’ research strategy and themes.
Applications for the 2017 Preclinical and Clinical Research Grant Round are now openand will close at 5pm on Monday 5 September 2016. These opportunities are available to current Children’s Hospital Foundation-funded researchers and to researchers not currently funded by the Children’s Hospital Foundation. Approximately $1.1 million in funding is available for allocation during the grant period commencing in 2017 for the entire applicant pool (not per applicant).
2017 Children’s Hospital Foundation Preclinical and Clinical Research Grant offers include:
- People-Support Grants – available primarily for the recipient’s salary and assessment is based on the proposed project to be conducted by the applicant. PhD scholarships and various Fellowship grants of between $30,000 – $180,000 per annum (for up to three years) are available.
- Research Project Grants – available to researchers for project-related expenses and range between $70,000 – $150,000 per annum (once-off for up to two to three years, depending on the category).
2017 Children’s Hospital Foundation Travel Grant Round:
- Travel Grants – are available to researchers (PhD students and postdoctoral researchers <7 years) for a one-off amount of up to $5,000 for costs related to conference travel, accommodation, registration and meals.
How to apply
All prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to read the relevant Application Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions available at the links below before starting their application:
- 2017 Preclinical and Clinical Research Application Guidelines
- 2017 Travel Grant Application Guidelines
- Preclinical and Clinical Research and Travel Grant Round FAQs
All applicants are required to upload a Letter of Support completed by the relevant Administering Institution’s Research Management Office. Templates are available at the links below:
- 2017 Preclinical and Clinical Research Grant Round AI Letter of Support Template
- 2017 Travel Grant Round AI Letter of Support Template
All applications must be submitted online at
- For enquiries about the Children’s Hospital Foundation’s funding opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our research and grants team on 07 3606 6100.
- Sign up to our mailing list to hear more about our grant funding opportunities.
The Children’s Hospital Foundation was proud to be a part of the mini Olympics school sports day at Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital.
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Coles Holden Cruze and Gift Cards Raffle.
1st prize (Holden Cruz) winner
- D. Gibson QLD – Ticket No.060920
2nd prize ($3000 Coles gift card) winner
- M. Meszanos QLD – Ticket No. 012335
3rd prize ($2000 Coles gift card) winner
- M. Obadia QLD – Ticket No. 030813
QLD License No. 111872
There is always something interesting happening in our world. Little wonders that happen every day. Miracles of science. Personal achievements of brave and beautiful young kids we will share with you in our newsletter.