Through the generosity of our supporters, the Children’s Hospital Foundation funds research that has a strong focus on translational outcomes, improves children’s health and leads to faster diagnoses, better treatments and ultimately cures for some of the most devastating childhood illnesses and injuries. With a focus on funding Queensland-based research, the Children’s Hospital Foundation funds research that supports Children’s Health Queensland Hospitals and Health Services’ research strategy and themes.
Applications for the 2017 Preclinical and Clinical Research Grant Round are now openand will close at 5pm on Monday 5 September 2016. These opportunities are available to current Children’s Hospital Foundation-funded researchers and to researchers not currently funded by the Children’s Hospital Foundation. Approximately $1.1 million in funding is available for allocation during the grant period commencing in 2017 for the entire applicant pool (not per applicant).
2017 Children’s Hospital Foundation Preclinical and Clinical Research Grant offers include:
- People-Support Grants – available primarily for the recipient’s salary and assessment is based on the proposed project to be conducted by the applicant. PhD scholarships and various Fellowship grants of between $30,000 – $180,000 per annum (for up to three years) are available.
- Research Project Grants – available to researchers for project-related expenses and range between $70,000 – $150,000 per annum (once-off for up to two to three years, depending on the category).
2017 Children’s Hospital Foundation Travel Grant Round:
- Travel Grants – are available to researchers (PhD students and postdoctoral researchers <7 years) for a one-off amount of up to $5,000 for costs related to conference travel, accommodation, registration and meals.
How to apply
All prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to read the relevant Application Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions available at the links below before starting their application:
- 2017 Preclinical and Clinical Research Application Guidelines
- 2017 Travel Grant Application Guidelines
- Preclinical and Clinical Research and Travel Grant Round FAQs
All applicants are required to upload a Letter of Support completed by the relevant Administering Institution’s Research Management Office. Templates are available at the links below:
- 2017 Preclinical and Clinical Research Grant Round AI Letter of Support Template
- 2017 Travel Grant Round AI Letter of Support Template
All applications must be submitted online at
- For enquiries about the Children’s Hospital Foundation’s funding opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our research and grants team on 07 3606 6100.
- Sign up to our mailing list to hear more about our grant funding opportunities.